Cycling Tours Across Ontario 2017
(Also see Cycling Events Across Ontario 2017)
Interested in joining a bike tour? There are lots of options and bike tour operators offering tours around the province. Most of these tours are for smaller sized groups and can include B&B or hotel accommodations, luggage transfer, food and tour guide options.
Regional Bike Tours
See the Ontario By Bike Map and Bike Tour Category for localized regional bike tours that include the listings below. The following companies offer tours seasonally. Visit their website or give them a call for more information.
- Niagara International Wine Tours – Bike tours and rentals in Niagara on the Lake
- Zoom Leisure – Bike tours and rentals in Niagara
- Cycle ON Adventures – Two and three-day bike tours in Niagara Region
- OK Cycle & Adventure Tours - Ontario, as well as international, multi-day cycle tours in Ottawa and Prince Edward County
- Minii Adventures – Offering guided mountain bike tours, weekky rides and women mountain bike clinics in and around Collingwood.
- Niagara Cycling Tours – Bike tours ranging from 40 to 100km throughout the Niagara Region.
- Collingwood Cycling Tours – Cycling tours, custom tours and corporate groups in Collingwood.
- Long Point Eco-Adventures – Mountain biking tours in and around Turkey Point, in Norfolk County
- Sacred Rides – Guided mountain biking tours in Ontario destinations
- Hard Maple Travel – Adventure travel by mountain bike in Eastern Ontario
- Bloomfield Bicycle Company – Bike tours and rentals in Prince Edward County
- Prince Edward County Wine Tours – Wine and culinary tours in Prince Edward County
- Tour Cycle – Group and custom bike tours in and around Toronto
- Bare Bones Cycling Tours – Group tours ranging from one-day Century Rides, to five-day cross-country packages, for both established and expert bikers as well as beginner riders.
- Escape Bicycle Tours – Guided, fully-supported bicycle tours to urban and rural destinations in the Ottawa, Ottawa Valley, and the Outaouais area
- Cycledine – A 5hr guided culinary bike tour to 3 different undisclosed Toronto restaurants for a 3 course meal with up to 10 people.
- Gear It Up – A diverse range of tours including; pioneer villages, breweries, wineries, cheeseries, chocolate factories and art galleries in Northumberland and Kawarthas
- Ontario's South Coast Bicycles and Tours Inc. – Guided, self guided tours along Lake Erie's Waterfront Trail, Turkey Point and Norfolk's rail trails
- Pedal Pushers – Private and custom group clinics, tours, coaching also available, Collingwood - Blue Mountains
- Ride Guides – Guided mountain bike tours and single track getaways, near Barrie
- Steve Bauer Bike Tours – Tours offer unique, exclusive, and hands-on guided tours with personal service in Niagara
- Bike Appetit – Tours will feature distinct Hamilton neighbourhoods and restaurants providing participants with brunch and dinner tours.
- Georgian Bay Cycle Tours – Guided road cycling tours around the Collingwood, Thornbury, Meaford, and surrounding Southern Georgian Bay areas.
- Born To Ride Bicycle Tours – Guided bicycle tours with set and customized itineraries, across Central Ontario
- Toronto Bicycle Tours – Bike tours in Toronto
- Wine Trail Rides- Bike tours around Windsor & Essex County’s wine region
- Farm Dog Cycles - Bike rentals and tours in beautiful Essex County
- Yours Outdoors – Bike tours visiting artist studios and the Haliburton Highlands
- Bike On Tours – Customized self guided touring routes and packages around the province
- Ottawa Cycling Tours - Bike tours in and around the nation's capital
- Rentabike Ottawa- Rentals and tours in Ottawa
- Valley Cycle Tours - Single and multi day tours in and around the Ottawa Valley area. Custom tours available.
- Manitoulin Island Cycling Advocates (MICA) - Known as Alvar Treasure Rides, MICA hosts two all-inclusive, 5-day bike tours across Manitoulin Island (June and September) www.manitoulincycling.com
Cross-Regional Tours By Date
- Picton Wine Country Cycle Tour – This 11th annual wine cycle tour offers various routes over Mother's Day weekend in spring, May 12-14, 2017 www.okcycletours.com
- Ottawa-Kennebunkport Tour – This 21st annual tour takes riders from Ottawa to Kennebukport, Maine over 5 days Tour "A" runs fromJune 1st-5th , while Tour "B" runs from July 11th to July 15th. Cycle to the Atlantic Ocean! www.okcycletours.com
- Ontario By Bike Ride - Georgian Bay Explorer - On June 17-18, join Ontario By Bike for our first weekend tour of 2017, as we ride along the picturesque southern shores of Georgian Bay in Grey County. This two-day weekend tour features 95km along an even mix of riding along well-kept rail trails and quiet rural roads, both paved and unpaved. This small group tour includes accommodation, some meals, support van and as this ride follows a linear route, return transportation for you and your bike.
- The Great Spirit Ride – On June 11-16, enjoy 5 days of riding, 5 nights accommodation and 2 ferry rides on a memorable cycling trip through Manitoulin Island, the largest island in the world surrounded by fresh water.www.cyclecanada.com
- Niagara Vineyards – This one-week tour during June 18-23. 2017 begins in Hamilton and "wines" its way through the Niagara Peninsula to finish in Niagara Falls. Spectacular views and gentle terrain – the route does climb the Niagara escarpment but follows canal paths. www.cyclecanada.com
- Alvar Treasure Rides - Happening in last week in June, this 4-day all-inclusive cycling tour on Manitoulin Island explores one of the most sought after cycling destinations in Ontario. Lakeside cottage overnight stays. Two tour distance variations are available 280km or 463km. www.manitoulincycling.com
- The By-Cycle Ride – Starts in Toronto on June 26 and ending in Ottawa on July 1, to celebrate the founding of Canada 150 years ago. Stay an extra day in Ottawa at the end of the tour to enjoy Sunday bike day in the capital city.www.cyclecanada.com
- The BiQue Ride – Explore Toronto to Montreal on the 23rd annual BiQue Ride (BiQue is pronounced - Bike). 6 days cycling / 7 nights accommodationwww.cyclecanada.com
- Georgian Bay - Explore Ontario with Vélo Québec Voyages "free as the air" formula. Now offering three tour dates of July 2-9, August 13-20 and September 10-17, these tours showcase all southern Georgian Bay has to offer and somethign for everyone, including the Blue Mountains, agriculture, history, wine. www.explorebybike.com
- Niagara - Explore with Ontario with Vélo Québec Voyages "free as the air" formula. From July 8-14, enjoy the relatively easy route that showcases all Niagara has to offer and somethign for everyone, including agritourism, architecture, history, wine and of course the Falls. www.explorebybike.com
- Georgian Giro Cycling Tour – The tour will start and end in Huntsville and explore the Muskokas, Georgian Bay, Manitoulin Island, Bruce Peninsula, the Kawarthas and Algonquin Park. This vehicle supported tour includes mixed accommodations, divine meals, two boat rides and opportunities to hike, paddle and truly experience this spectacular wilderness.
- Thousand Islands - Enjoy water everywhere and a constant Lake Ontario view between Picton and Cornwall from July 16-22 from Vélo Québec Voyages. Ride your own bike, stay in 3-star hotels and set your own schedule along this gorgeous ride. www.explorebybike.com
- Ontario By Bike Ride - 1000 Islands St. Lawrence River Ride - On August 5-7, join Ontario By Bike and cycle one of the most spectacular routes in Ontario discovering the 1000 Islands and St Lawrence River on a three day, long weekend tour. Starting from Gananoque and ending in Cornwall, following the Waterfront Trail east, this ride is on a mix of trails and roads. This small group tour includes accommodation, some meals, support van and as this ride follows a linear route, return transportation for you and your bike.
- Great Waterfront Trail Adventure - National Park to National Urban Park - Ride the 10th annual Great Waterfront Trail Adventure and help celebrate Canada's 150th birthday, cycling from Point Pelee to the Rouge National Urban Park! 530 km, 2 Great Lakes, 24 communities, 2 National Parks. A supported cycling holiday includes so much more than biking. Two Great Lakes, beaches, wineries, history, camping (hotels option available). For more details, and to register click here.
- Niagara Vineyards – This one-week tour between August 20 - August 25 begins in Hamilton and "wines" its way through the Niagara Peninsula to finish in Niagara Falls. Spectacular views and gentle terrain – the route does climb the Niagara escarpment but follows canal paths.www.cyclecanada.com
- Erie Shores – A week-long tour between August 27 - September 1. The ride is a loop that starts and ends in Windsor and travels the shores of Lake Erie, Lake Huron and Lake St. Clair, as well as the Thames and Detroit Rivers.www.cyclecanada.com
- Simcoe Circle – A 5-day tour from September 2-4, begins and ends in Bradford and loops around Lake Simcoe. www.cyclecanada.com
- Niagara Pathways - A women's only 4 day and 3 night tour along off-road paved Niagara Circle Route, starting in Niagara Falls, New York. September 7-10th. Also July dates. www.womantours.com
- Alvar Treasure Rides - Manitoulin Island - Happening in the first week of September. join this 4-day all-inclusive cycling tour on Manitoulin Island September 5th-9th and explore one of the most sought after cycling destinations in Ontario. Two tour distance variations are available 280km or 463km. www.manitoulincycling.com
- Ontario By Bike Ride - Uxbridge Kawarthas Rail Trail - On September 23-24, enjoy this weekend-long, quiet and safe off-road rail trail tour from Uxbridge through the Kawarthas ending at your choice destination of Peterborough or Lakefield. Whether you ride independently or with friends, make the most of this linear trail with the convenience of a coach shuttle back to start. This small group tour includes accommodation, some meals, support van and as this ride follows a linear route, return transportation for you and your bike.
Have we missed a cycling tour?
With so many options, we just may have.
Please let us know and we will add to the list.
Email: info (at) ontariobybike (dot) ca